2009 Meyer Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon Geek Notes
A rainy, cool May and June started delayed fruit set. The result was smaller berries that impart concentrated flavors thanks to the warmer temperatures during summer and late September. A challenging vintage, but with great results.
Lawrence vineyard is planted in the Frenchmen Hills on the Royal Slope. The vineyard is planted with clone 2 which adds ripe fruit flavors and clone 6 which is noted for its earthy tobacco and lush tannins.
· Crushed and hand punched in small fermenters
· Pressed out after 14 days on the skins
· Barrel aged for 20 months in 75% new small French oak barrels
· Harvested: October 7, 2009
· Bottled: April 19, 2011
· Released: June 15, 2012
· Brix: 27.5°
· pH: 3.46
· TA: 4.4 g/liter
· Alcohol: 14.5%
· Cases produced: 147 cases
- (15 cases in 1.5 liter bottles)